You can search for a police officer’s record using the search form below. The online search results will provide basic details about an individual such as name and dates of service.
If you wish to purchase a record of service it will contain the following information about an individual:
- Personal details including date and place of birth, family and previous occupation
- Dates of service
- Where they served
- Reason for Leaving
Our database includes records from:
- Police officers in the Essex County Constabulary from the 1880s to present day
- Police officers who served in the Colchester Borough Police and transferred to the Essex County Constabulary in 1947
- Police officers serving in Southend Borough Police 1914 – 1969
- Police War Reserves – World War II
- Women Police Auxiliaries – World War II
The fee of £20 contributes to the costs of storage facilities to ensure our archives are preserved for future generations.